Creating payment on Everee is easier than ordering take out. You can create payments by either uploading a file:
Or you can create a payment manually
Additional details and tips:
Let's take a few minutes and walk you through a few tips and tricks to make sure you get the outcome that you desire. Let's start with the PRO tips first, just for fun.
- PRO tip #1: It is NEVER a good idea to group taxable payments (normal salary and hourly pay) with non-taxable payments, like reimbursements. If you are doing a reimbursement (non-tax) payment, make sure to mark it with a payment timeframe of "as soon as possible as separate payment."
- PRO tip #2: Create all of your one-time payments and mark the desired payment timeframe PRIOR to approving the payment run. This is particularly important if you are trying to combine commissions, tips, bonuses, etc. with a normal salary and hour pay run. Always give yourself a chance to review the payment in combination, rather than approving one-by-one and missing the opportunity to have them combined together.
- PRO tip #3: Review the detail of the "one time payments" after you create them to make sure you don't see any errors, prior to approving them. Undoing an approved payment is never any fun, particularly if the payments have already gone out to your employees.
- PRO tip #4: You should ONLY use the payment method of "employee has already received this payment" if the employee received this payment by cash, gift card or "cash equivalent".
You will notice the following when creating a "one-time payment run".
We will walk through each of the items in further detail below.
This is the description that will be seen in your payments tab and in your reporting history, when and if you needed to search for a payment run title.
This is the type of payment that will be listed on an employee's paystubs upon creation and approval of a payment.
Note: Everee cannot support custom payment types currently, so please utilize one of the options provided in the dropdown menu.
This creates the timing of the payment and whether you desire the payment to go out immediately or with any existing or future payroll payment. If there is an UNAPPROVED payroll payment in your Everee app prior to utilizing the configuration of "grouped with outstanding/next payroll payment", the payment will be combined with that payment PRIOR to taxes being calculated. This is what most employers want and we built it exactly this way.
Note: Reimbursements should ALWAYS be configured with a payment timeframe of "as soon as possible as separate payment".
This allows you to indicate whether the payment has already been made in cash, gift card, or other "cash equivalent" or if you still need to pay the employee through direct deposit or instant deposit, if qualified. In most situations, you will want to "directly deposit into employee's bank account," unless you pay tips from the till or other similar method.
* You must complete the above fields before adding workers to your payment.
You have 2 different options to input the employees and the gross amounts you want to pay them. The first option is to search for the worker name or ID in the search field, which then adds a row where you can add the amount. You can continue to add workers through the search field until you have your complete listing of workers and payments. Upon satisfactory completion, click Create payment run. You have one last opportunity to review the payment in the payments overview tab, where you will need to calculate and approve the payment for processing. If approved before 11AM MST on banking days, your workers will be paid that same day. If approved after 11AM MST on banking days or any time on non-banking days, your worker will be paid the very next day banking day.
The other option is to use the payment uploader. To enable the uploader, you click on "download template," and enter the amounts you want to pay in the excel spreadsheet that is downloaded. Upon completion of adding the amounts, you simply (1) save that file to a location on your computer as an .xls or .xlsx file and then (2) drag and drop, or click "locate the file" and upload it from wherever the file is saved on your computer into the gray box next. Once you do that, Everee's software will automatically build out the payments for you to review and then click "create payment run." It really is as easy as that! You have one last opportunity to review the payment in the Payments overview page, where you will need to calculate and approve the payment for processing. If approved before 11AM MST on banking days, your workers will be paid that same day. If approved after 11AM MST on banking days or any time on non-banking days, your worker will be paid the very next day banking day.
For any additional questions, please contact email@example.com or use the chat feature.
Please sign in to leave a comment.